Indian Head Massage
The ancient art of Indian Head Massage is almost as old as massage itself in India, with documentation in Ayurvedic texts dating back almost 4000 years. The Hindi word ‘champi’ means head massage and this is where we derive the English word ‘shampoo’ from.
Indian Head Massage incorporates deep thumb and finger pressure, friction movements, as well as soothing effleurage, which covers the upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, scalp and face. These techniques reduce muscular and nervous tension and improve circulation of blood and lymph.
Many people complain of tension in these areas when under stress or frustrated, especially when working long hours. Indian head massage can be very effective and can also help with conditions that are not necessarily associated with the areas worked. For example, eczema in other parts of the body can be eased by relieving stress and tension. Melinda was trained at Aromatica Centre for Natural Therapies & Holistic Study.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage
- reduces & releases stress throughout the body; Indian head massage is particularly effective in addressing the effects of stress. The treatment can induce a feeling of euphoria and provide a sense of deep relaxation, well being and tranquility
- increases blood supply, nourishment and oxygen to hair follicles, thereby improving the texture and strength of hair and hair growth, as well as toning of scalp muscles
- frees knots of muscular tension and relaxes connective tissue & scalp muscles, providing relief from aches and pains
- helps relieve neck & shoulder stiffness, sinus congestion, eye strain, jaw-ache
- reduces and relieves tension headaches and migraines
- aids insomnia, giving a more restful, refreshing sleep
- improves the circulatory, muscular and nervous system
- revitalizes and re-balances energy flows throughout the body
- improves concentration, gives clarity of though, increases alertness & relieves mental fatigue due to the increase of oxygen to the head and brain
- increases drainage of lymphatic system, helping eliminate accumulated toxins and waste products from tense, knotted muscles; strengthening the immune system
Your Indian Head Massage session with Melinda will last for one hour. You can choose from a variety of blends of pure therapeutic essential oils. We also have unscented coconut oil, if you prefer.
Book the Head 2 Toe Combo which includes 1 hour of Reflexology and save!
Wednesdays 2pm – 8pm 60 min Indian Head Massage $65
Fridays 9am – 5pm 120 min Head 2 Toe Combo $100
Saturdays 9am – 1pm
Reflexology is the focused pressure technique, usually directed at the feet or hands. It has all the relaxation & health benefits of a full body massage, but for your feet. Reflexology is based on the premise that there are zones and reflexes on different parts of the body which correspond to and are relative to all parts, glands and organs of the entire body. When I apply pressure to the reflexes on your feet, I am able to break up tiny crystals & calcium deposits under the skin which may be creating issues with your health.
In the Spring of 2009, Melinda graduated from the Ontario College of Reflexology and has been passionate about feet & their connection to our overall health ever since. She is a Piscean after all.
Benefits of Reflexology
- Relaxation with the removal of stress
- Enhanced circulation
- Assists the body to normalize the metabolism naturally
- Complements all other healing modalities (massage, chiropractic, homeopathy)
A reflexology session with Melinda starts with a relaxing Stone Barrel foot soak and then you can breathe easy and let yourself go on a journey to the state of homeostasis*.
*Homeostasis is the automatic process that the body incorporates to bring it back to the ‘normal’ state.